Thursday, March 13, 2008

Catch up on the last few days!

We've had a busy couple of days here! The big kids went and spent Monday and Tuesday with Kathy. They had a great time and it was nice to be able to go to a few appointments and not have to bring the kids with us or worry about childcare! As always though, yesterday and today have been struggles to get back into routine and normal behavior! Now today Lyssi is leaving to spend 4 days with Jay's dad. She should be a peach when she gets home :)
I had my 6 week check up with my midwives on Monday. Everything is looking good, I'm healing well, but I still have some undissolved stitches. Penny said it may be another 2 weeks before those are completely gone. They told me in the hospital that it would take 2-4 weeks to dissolve and now it's going to take 8! No big deal really.
Tuesday I went to the dentist to have 4 more cavities filled! I can't believe I had so many! I had 3 filled 2 weeks ago and now these 4, and I still have a root canal I need to have done! The exciting part of the dentist appointment was that my front tooth that was cracked (thanks to Beverly about 15 years ago! hehe! The cap on it fell off about 3 years ago) had a cavity in it. Since it was a front tooth, insurance covered it being filled...so I no longer have a chipped tooth! Woohoo!!!! Now we can go get professional family pictures taken!

Yesterday we tried to start getting back in the swing of things with the kids. We did some St. Patrick's day activities, we painted w/ shaving cream and glue. The kids had a great time with that, although I didn't get the mixture quite right and it didn't stay puffy when it dried :( We also colored a leprechan. Then we learned the letter C and colored a picture of a cat. Pretty productive morning! Then after naps (they BOTH took a nap...at the same time as Daddy and Maizie...so I got a nice little break!) we went and played outside. I tried to bring Maizie with us but the cold and the breeze kept taking her breath away, so i had to send her inside :( It was fun for the kids though!

No comments: